TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
This is a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between you (“You”) and churchHive, LLCTM, a South Carolina limited liability corporation (“churchHive”), which may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. By accessing the churchHive United States (“U.S.”) web site, currently located at www.churchHive.com (the “Site”), and using any of the Services (as defined below) accessible through the Site, You become a user and agree to, and are bound by, the terms and conditions of this Agreement for as long as You continue to use the Site or Services. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES. Your use of, or participation in, certain Services may be subject to additional terms, and such terms will be either listed in this Agreement or will be presented to You for Your acceptance when You sign up to use such Services.
The churchHive services consist of the following, without limitation: a service for churches looking to hire new employees and people looking to be hired in ministry (“Lead Generation Service”); and interactive content and community services such as any churchHive premium services offered by or on behalf of churchHive (“Premium Services”) (collectively, the “Services”). churchHive may offer additional services or revise any of the Services, at its sole discretion, and this Agreement will apply to all additional Services or revised Services. churchHive also reserves the right to cease offering any of the Services.
This Agreement is subject to change by churchHive at any time, in its sole discretion, and any such changes will be posted on the Site. Your continued use of this Site or the Services after the posting of revisions to this Agreement will constitute Your acceptance of such revisions. Please consult the end of this Agreement to determine when the Agreement was last revised.
About churchHive™ And Site Disclaimer
churchHive™ is not an employer, an employment agency, or an agent of any religious organization. Each user understands, acknowledges, and agrees that, by answering these questions and submitting them to this site, the user is voluntarily providing the information to churchHive for matching services. A user may elect to answer all, some, or none of the questions in a questionnaire. However, each user understands, acknowledges, and agrees that unanswered questions may impact the ability of churchHive to match the user with a prospective church or other religious organization. churchHive does not warrant or guarantee any matches, employment, or offers of employment between a user and a church or other religious organization.
- Minimum Age. You must be at least U.S. legal hiring age (subject to change in accordance with U.S. law) to use the Site or to register for the Services. By using the Lead Generating Service, You represent and warrant that You are at least the minimum age for hiring within the U.S. Other Services may have other age requirements for the legal use of all, or portion of, such Services, and such other age requirements are stated on such Services or portions thereof.
- Criminal History. By requesting to use, registering to use, and/or using the Lead Generating Service, You represent and warrant that You have never been convicted of a felony and/or are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. CHURCHHIVE DOES NOT CURRENTLY CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ON ITS MEMBERS. However, churchHive reserves the right to conduct any criminal background check, at any time and using available public records, to confirm Your compliance with this subsection. BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU HEREBY AUTHORIZE ANY SUCH CHECK.
- Profile Matching System Criteria. The Lead Generating Service requires Your completion of the “Profile Questionnaire” to help with churchHive’s search to try and find good leads for You. Occasionally, the churchHive matching system cannot identify high quality compatible leads for a given individual or user, in which case the Lead Generating Service cannot be provided.
2. Use of Site and Service.
- As a user of the Site or a user registered to use any of the Services (a “Registered User”), You agree to the following:
- Exclusive Use. Your account is for Your personal use only. You may not authorize others to use Your account, and You may not assign or otherwise transfer Your account to any other person or entity. You acknowledge that churchHive is not responsible for third party access to Your account that results from theft or misappropriation of Your user names and passwords.
- Geographic Limitations. The Site and Services are intended for use in the United States. You will only use the Services in a manner consistent with this Agreement and any and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, United States export control laws. By using the Services, You represent that You have not been designated by the United States government as a “Specially Designated National” or other person to whom the provisions of the Services are prohibited. Registration for, and use of, the Services are void where prohibited. You are responsible for determining whether the use of the Services is legal in Your jurisdiction
- Information Submitted. You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding: (i) the information and content You contribute to the Service; (ii) the information and content You post, transmit, publish, or otherwise make available (hereinafter “post”) through the Services; and (iii) Your interactions with other Registered Users through the Services. In addition to sharing Your information with Your leads, churchHive may allow Your leads to share Your profile information with members of their social network(s).
- Submitted Resumes and Background Checks. churchHive makes it optional for users to upload their resume and background check to their profile. churchHive assumes no responsibility as to the accuracy and legitimacy of the information held on these uploaded documents. You are solely responsible for due diligence for researching the accuracy and legitimacy of these documents. In the case that You find a discrepancy, churchHive asks that You report the profile to which the document belongs by clicking the “Report Abuse” button. churchHive assumes no responsibility in the case where a lead is hired and afterwards a discrepancy in documentation or in match results is found or revealed.
- Risk Assumption and Precautions. You assume all risk when using the Services including, but not limited to, all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions with others, including matching. You agree to take all necessary precautions when meeting and communicating with leads through the Lead Generating Service.
- No Guarantees. churchHive may not be able to provide leads for everyone seeking to use its services. Further, churchHive makes no guarantees as to the number or frequency of leads through the Lead Generating Service, or to such leads’ ability, desire, or criteria to communicate with any user. You understand that churchHive makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding Your ultimate compatibility with leads that You meet or communicate with through the Lead Generating Service or as to the conduct of such leads.
- Reporting of Violations. You will promptly report to churchHive any violation of the Agreement by others, including but not limited to, users and Registered Users.
- In the rare case that abuse of communication takes place outside of the Site: churchHive DOES NOT monitor the activity, and churchHive has no way of gaining control or responsibility of the communication that takes place. Example: You share Your phone number, and the lead continues to contact You even after You have stated that You no longer wish to have communication. churchHive then cannot, and DOES NOT, assume any further responsibility for their actions. churchHive recommends that You report this activity to the appropriate authorities.
- Content Removal. churchHive reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the information or material You submit to the Services or post in the public areas of the Services. churchHive reserves the right to remove any such information or material, in its sole opinion: that violates or may violate any applicable law; that violates or may violate the letter or spirit of this Agreement; or upon the request of any third party. churchHive further reserves the right to remove leads previously delivered to You, in its sole reasonable discretion, in order to assure that You have a quality experience on the Site.
- Posting and Communication Restrictions.You will not: post on the Services; transmit to other users; communicate any content (or links thereto); or otherwise engage in any activity on the Site or through the Services, that:
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- is intended to or tends to harass, annoy, threaten, or intimidate any other users of the Site or Services;
- is defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
- contains others’ copyrighted content (e.g., music, movies, videos, photographs, images, software, etc.) without first obtaining written permission;
- contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her prior written permission (or in the case of a minor, such permission by the minor’s legal guardian);
- promotes or enables illegal or unlawful activities, such as instructions on how to make or buy illegal weapons or drugs, violate someone’s privacy, harm or harass another person, obtain others’ identity information, create or disseminate computer viruses, or circumvent copy-protect devices;
- intended to defraud, swindle, or deceive other users of the Services;
- contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms, or other harmful or disruptive codes, components, or devices;
- promotes or solicits involvement in or support of a political platform, cult, or sect;
- disseminates another person’s personal information without his or her permission, or collects or solicits another person’s personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- is off-topic, meaningless, or otherwise intended to annoy or interfere with others’ enjoyment of the Site;
- impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection, or association with, any person or entity;
- solicits gambling or engages in any gambling or similar activity;
- uses scripts, bots, or other automated technology to access the Site or Services;
- uses the Site or Services for chain letter, junk mail, or spam e-mails;
- collects or solicits personal information about anyone under the age of eighteen (18); or
- is in any way used for, or in connection with, spamming, spimming, phishing, trolling, or similar activities.
- No False Information. You will not provide inaccurate, misleading, or false information to churchHive or to any other user. If information provided to churchHive or another user subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, You will promptly notify churchHive of such change.
- No Advertising or Commercial Solicitation. You will not advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products or services through the Site or Services. You may not transmit any chain letters, junk e-mail, or spam e-mail to other users. Further, You will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their explicit prior written consent. If You breach the terms of this subsection and either send or post unsolicited bulk email, “spam,” or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Services, You acknowledge that You will have caused substantial harm to churchHive, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, You agree to pay churchHive fifty U.S. dollars ($50.00), or its equivalent, for each such unsolicited communication You send through the Services.
- Unique and Bona Fide Profile.As a Registered User of the Lead Generating Service, You shall create only one (1) unique profile. In addition, Your use of the Lead Generating Service must be for bona fide lead-seeking purposes in order to maintain the integrity of the Lead Generating Service. Not all Registered Users are available for matching. From time to time, churchHive may create test profiles in order to monitor the operation of the Services.
- Selection of Profiles. From time to time, Your profile may be selected to introduce You to specific compatible leads, in which case churchHive may offer You a limited complimentary subscription (if You are not already a premium subscriber) in order to enable You to meet or communicate with such specific match. You will be under no obligation to accept such complimentary subscription or to meet with or communicate with the match(es) churchHive may introduce to You.
- No Harassment of churchHive Employees or Agents. You will not harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any churchHive employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to You.
- Social Media. churchHive may provide You the option to connect Your churchHive account to Your account on some social networking sites (e.g., Facebook Connect) for the purpose of logging in, uploading information, or enabling certain features on the Service. When enabling this feature, churchHive will disclose to You the information churchHive collects from the connected social networking site, and churchHive will use such information in compliance with the churchHive Privacy Statement. Once connected, some of Your leads may also be able to see information about Your social network, such as the size of Your network and Your friends, including common friends. By connecting Your churchHive account to Your account on any social networking site, You hereby consent to the continuous release of information about You to churchHive. churchHive will not send any of Your churchHive account information to the connected social networking site without first disclosing that to You. You can always disconnect the accounts via Your churchHive Profile settings page. Each social network may further allow You to set privacy controls around Your information on their system, and churchHive’s collection of information will always follow such controls and permissions. This feature is subject to continuous change and improvement by churchHive and each social networking site involved, and therefore the available features and shared information are subject to change without notice to You.
3. Proprietary Rights
- Ownership of Proprietary Information. You hereby acknowledge and agree that churchHive is the owner of highly valuable proprietary information, including without limitation, the churchHive matching system, matching profiles, and Profile Questionnaires (collectively, “Confidential Information”). churchHive owns and hereby retains all proprietary rights in the Services and the Site, including but not limited to, all Confidential Information.
- No Use of Confidential Information. You will not post, copy, modify, transmit, disclose, show in public, create any derivative works from, distribute, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way, any: (i) Confidential Information; or (ii) other copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information accessible via the Services, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- Other Users’ Information. Other Registered Users may post copyrighted information, which has copyright protection whether or not it is identified as copyrighted. You agree that You will not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, commercially use, or sell any churchHive or third party proprietary information available via the Services or the Site.
- License to Posted or Accessed Content. By posting information or content to any profile pages or public area of the Services, or making it accessible to churchHive by linking Your churchHive account to any of Your social network accounts (e.g., Facebook Connect), You automatically grant, and You represent and warrant that You have the right to grant, to churchHive and its users, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, and distribute such information and content, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sub-licenses of the foregoing. From time to time, churchHive may create, test, or implement new features or programs on the Site in which You may voluntarily choose to participate or may be a part of a test group with special access, in accordance with the additional terms and conditions of such features or programs. By Your participation in such features or programs, You grant churchHive all the rights stated in this subsection in connection with the additional terms and conditions (if any) of such features or programs.
- Privacy Statement. For information about the collection and possible use of information and material provided by You, please click on churchHive’s Privacy Statement located on the Site. By using the Site or the Services, You are consenting to the terms of churchHive’s Privacy Statement.
- Voluntary Information. You agree that You are voluntarily posting Your accurate personal perspective, denominational preferences, church preferences, demographics and company information on churchHive’s Lead Generating Service for the purposes of matching and generating leads.
- No Contact Information. You agree that You will not post: any contact information or any Confidential Information You wish to remain offline; any profile page You may have on a third party website; any other personal contact information or Confidential Information of the Lead Generating Service; or any contact information or Confidential Information contained in any other communications You may have with other users. You may, at Your discretion, exchange such information after You reach the “churchHive Communication” phase with Your match.
- Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that churchHive may disclose information You provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if churchHive, in its sole discretion, believes that disclosure is reasonable to: (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend churchHive’s, or a third party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including the user) is threatened.
- Disclosure to Protect Abuse Victims. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement or the Privacy Statement, churchHive reserves the right, but has no obligation, to disclose any information that You submit to the Services, if in its sole opinion, churchHive suspects or has reason to suspect, that the information involves a party who may be the victim of abuse in any form. Abuse may include, without limitation, elder abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse, neglect, or domestic violence. Information may be disclosed to authorities that churchHive, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate to handle such disclosure. Appropriate authorities may include, without limitation, law enforcement agencies, child protection agencies, or court officials. You hereby acknowledge and agree that churchHive is permitted to make such disclosure.
- Use of Anonymous Information for Research.By using the Services, You agree to allow churchHive to anonymously use the information from You and Your experiences through the Services to continue churchHive’s research into successful leads and to improve the Services. This research, conducted by web analysts, may be published. However, all of Your responses will be anonymous, and churchHive will not publish research containing Your personal identifying information.
5. Links to Third-Party Web Sites / Dealings with Advertisers and Sponsors.
- The Services may contain links to web sites of third-parties, including without limitation, advertisers, which are not under the control of churchHive, and churchHive is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such web sites. churchHive provides these links to You only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply that churchHive endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party web site. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or sweepstakes sponsors found on or through the Services (including payment and delivery of related goods or services, any personal information or opt-in contact information voluntarily given to advertisers and sweepstake sponsors, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings) are solely between You and such advertiser or sweepstakes sponsor. You agree that churchHive will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings, including the sharing of the information You supply to churchHive with advertisers or sweepstakes sponsors, or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Services. Please visit churchHive’s Privacy Statement to learn more about how churchHive uses Your information.
6. Disclaimer of Warranty.
- No Warranties. THIS SECTION WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. CHURCHHIVE PROVIDES THE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. CHURCHHIVE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL: BE SECURE, BE UNINTERRUPTED; ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE; BE ERROR-FREE; OR MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. CHURCHHIVE DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, THE CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES.
- Third Party Content.
- Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, but not directly by churchHive, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. CHURCHHIVE DOES NOT: (i) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES; OR (ii) ADOPT, ENDORSE, OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN CHURCHHIVE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL CHURCHHIVE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANYONE’S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SERVICES, OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY USERS.
- Beta Features. From time to time, churchHive may offer new “beta” features or tools with which its users may experiment on the Services. Such features or tools are offered solely for experimental purposes and without any warranty of any kind, and may be modified or discontinued at churchHive’s sole discretion. The provisions of this Disclaimer of Warranty section apply with full force to such features or tools.
7. Limitation of Liability.
- Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL CHURCHHIVE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS, AND PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF CHURCHHIVE KNOWS OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL CHURCHHIVE’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IN ANY FORM OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR YOUR ACCOUNT, OR, IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID CHURCHHIVE FOR THE USE OF ANY SERVICES, THE AMOUNT OF FIFTEEN U.S. DOLLARS ($15.00) OR ITS EQUIVALENT.
- No Liability for non-churchHive Actions. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL CHURCHHIVE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER REGISTERED USERS OF THE SERVICES. THIS INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE CONDUCT OF USERS WHO HAVE REGISTERED UNDER FALSE PRETENSES OR WHO ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD OR HARM YOU.
- Information Verification. churchHive and its contractors may use various ways of verifying information that users have provided. However, none of those ways are perfect, and You agree that churchHive and its contractors will have no liability to You arising from any incorrectly verified information.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless churchHive, its subsidiary and parent companies, and each of their officers, directors, employees, agents and related third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of any third party claim regarding: (a) Your use of or inability to use the Site or Services; (b) any user postings made by You; (c) Your violation of any terms of this Agreement or Your violation of any rights of a third party; or (d) Your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. churchHive reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by You, in which event You shall fully cooperate with churchHive in asserting any available defenses.
9. Complaints / Law Enforcement Contact.
- To resolve a complaint regarding the Service, You should review churchHive’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) by clicking on the FAQ link located in the churchHive. Law enforcement officials may send correspondence (such as subpoenas, court orders, and warrants) to churchHive email at email@example.com. All other communication or inquiries sent to this email number will be discarded.
10. Communication and Privacy.
- ChurchHive may use Your email address to send You messages notifying You of important changes to the Services or special offers. Further, churchHive may contact You by telephone if You voluntarily provide churchHive with Your telephone number, in order to communicate with You regarding the Services. If You do not want to receive such email messages or telephone calls (including at any wireless number You may have voluntarily provided to churchHive), please refer to churchHive’s Privacy Statement to review Your options.
11.Term and Termination.
- This Agreement will become effective upon Your acceptance of the Agreement by Your use of the Site or the Services and will remain in effect in perpetuity unless terminated hereunder. Either You or churchHive may terminate Your account at any time, for any reason or no reason, without explanation, effective upon sending prior written notice to the other party. churchHive reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate Your access to any of the Services, without notice, for any reason or no reason. ChurchHive also reserves the right, at any time and at its sole discretion, to remove Your account information, data, or other records from churchHive’s Services. In the event Your access to any of the Services is suspended due to the breach of this Agreement, You agree that all fees then paid to churchHive by You will be nonrefundable and all outstanding or pending payments will immediately be due. You may terminate Your account by following the steps in undersection 12, “Cancellations,” below. Following any termination of any Registered User’s use of the Lead Generating Service, churchHive reserves the right to send a notice thereof to other Registered Users which whom You have corresponded.
- Cancellation At Any Time With No Refund. Except as otherwise stated in this section, You may cancel Your registration or subscription to any Services at any time during the term of such registration or subscription or any renewal period by accessing the “Profile” settings page on Your membership home page, clicking on “Cancel My Subscription” or “Close Account” link, and providing the information requested. In such case, Your subscription will terminate at the end of the subscription term for which You have paid, and You will not receive any refund for any unused days of such subscription term. If You purchase a subscription on an installation payment basis (such as three-part pay), Your ability to cancel Your membership as described in this subsection will be available to You only once Your final installment payment has been paid.
- Cancellation As a Result of Death or Disability. If by reason of death or disability You are unable to receive all Lead Generating Services for which You contracted, You or Your estate may elect to be relieved of the obligation to make payments for services other than those received before death or the onset of disability, except as provided in herein at subsection (c).
- If You have prepaid any amount for the Lead Generating Service, so much of the amount prepaid that is allocable to services that You have not received will be promptly refunded to You or Your representative.
- "Disability" means a condition which precludes You from physically using the Lead Generating Service during the term of disability and the condition is verified in writing by a physician designated and remunerated by You. Written verification from the physician must be presented to churchHive.
- If the physician determines that the duration of the disability will be less than six (6) months, churchHive may extend the term of the Lead Generating Services contract for a period of six (6) months at no additional charge to You in lieu of cancellation.
- In order to provide continuous service, churchHive automatically renews all paid subscriptions for the Services on the date such subscriptions expire. churchHive always communicates renewal periods to You in the subscription plan page, before You finalize the purchase of Your subscription, upon confirmation of purchase, and in the body of any special promotions sent to churchHive’s users. By entering into this Agreement, You acknowledge that Your account will be subject to the above-described automatic renewals. In all cases, if You do not wish Your account to renew automatically, please follow the directions set out under “Cancellation At Any Time With No Refund” in Section 12(a), above.
14. Specific Terms Controlling the Premium Services.
- All Premium services are referred to as “subscription” services above and below this section.
15. Arbitration Agreement & Class Action Waiver.
- Purpose. This Arbitration Agreement facilitates the prompt and efficient resolution of any disputes that may arise between You and churchHive. Arbitration is a form of private dispute resolution in which parties to a contract agree to submit their disputes and potential disputes to a neutral third person (called an arbitrator) for a binding decision, instead of having such dispute(s) decided in a lawsuit, in court, by a judge, or jury trial.
- Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It provides that all disputes between You and churchHive shall be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration replaces the right to go to court. In the absence of this Arbitration Agreement, You may otherwise have a right or opportunity to bring claims in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate in or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including, but not limited to, class actions). Entering into this Arbitration Agreement constitutes a waiver of Your right to litigate claims in court and all opportunity to be heard by a judge or jury. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. The arbitrator must follow this Arbitration Agreement and can award the same damages and relief as a court (including attorney’s fees, if otherwise authorized by applicable law).
- For the purpose of this Arbitration Agreement, “churchHive” means churchHive, LLC, and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents. The term “Dispute” means any dispute, claim, or controversy between You and churchHive regarding any aspect of Your relationship with churchHive, whether based in contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, tort (including, but not limited to, fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, negligence, gross negligence, or reckless behavior), or any other legal or equitable theory, and includes the validity, enforceability, or scope of this Arbitration Agreement (with the exception of the enforceability of the Class Action Waiver clause below). “Dispute” is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced.
- EACH PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT HEREBY AGREES THAT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BELOW, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, AS DEFINED ABOVE, WHETHER PRESENTLY IN EXISTENCE OR BASED ON ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PAST OR IN THE FUTURE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
- Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. For all Disputes You must first give churchHive an opportunity to resolve the Dispute. You must commence this process by emailing written notification to firstname.lastname@example.org. That written notification must include: (1) Your name; (2) Your address; (3) a written description of the Dispute; and (4) a description of the specific relief You seek. If churchHive does not resolve the Dispute to Your satisfaction within ninety (90) days after it receives Your written notification, You may pursue Your Dispute in arbitration.
- Arbitration Procedures. If this Arbitration Agreement applies and the Dispute is not resolved as provided above in Section 15(e) (“Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution”), either You or churchHive may initiate arbitration proceedings. The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), www.adr.org, or JAMS, www.jamsadr.com, will arbitrate all Disputes, and the arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator. The arbitration shall be commenced as an individual arbitration, and shall in no event be commenced as a representative or class arbitration. All issues shall be for the arbitrator to decide, including the scope of this Arbitration Agreement.
- For arbitration before the AAA, for Disputes of less than $75,000.00, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes will apply; for Disputes involving $75,000.00 or more, the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules will apply. In either instance, the AAA’s Optional Rules For Emergency Measures Of Protection shall apply. The AAA rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. For arbitration before JAMS, the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures and the JAMS Recommended Arbitration Discovery Protocols For Domestic, Commercial Cases will apply. The JAMS rules are available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling 1-800-352-5267. This Arbitration Agreement governs in the event it conflicts with the applicable arbitration rules. Under no circumstances will class action procedures or rules apply to the arbitration.
- Because Your contract (Agreement) with churchHive, the Terms and Conditions of Service, and this Arbitration Agreement concern interstate commerce, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the arbitrability of all Disputes. However, the arbitrator will apply applicable substantive law consistent with the FAA and the applicable statute of limitations or condition precedent to suit.
- Arbitration Award. The arbitrator may award on an individual basis any relief that would be available pursuant to applicable law, and will not have the power to award relief to, against, or for the benefit of any person who is not a party to the proceeding. The arbitrator shall make any award in writing but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. Such award by the arbitrator will be final and binding on the parties, except for any right of appeal provided by the FAA, and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties for purposes of enforcement.
- Location of Arbitration. You may initiate arbitration in either Columbia, South Carolina or in the federal judicial district that includes Your address that You provide in Your written notification of Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. In the event that churchHive initiates arbitration, it may only do so in the federal judicial district that includes Your address that You provide in Your written notification of Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution.
- Payment of Arbitration Fees and Costs. churchHive will pay all arbitration filing fees and arbitrator’s costs and expenses upon Your written request given prior to the commencement of the arbitration. You are responsible for all additional fees and costs that You incur in the arbitration, including, but not limited to, attorneys or expert witnesses. Fees and costs may be awarded as provided pursuant to applicable law. In addition to any rights to recover fees and costs under applicable law, if You provide notice and negotiate in good faith with churchHive as provided in Section 15(e), above, titled “Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution,” and the arbitrator concludes that You are the prevailing party in the arbitration, You will be entitled to recover from churchHive Your actual and reasonable attorney’s fees and costs as determined by the arbitrator.
- Class Action Waiver. The parties agree that the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one (1) person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class or representative proceeding or claims (such as a class action, representative action, consolidated action, or private attorney general action) unless both You and churchHive specifically agree in writing to do so following initiation of the arbitration. Neither You, nor any other user of churchHive and/or user of churchHive services, can be a class representative, class member, or otherwise participate in a class, representative, consolidated, or private attorney general proceeding.
- Limitation of Procedural Rights. You understand and agree that, by entering into this Arbitration Agreement, You and churchHive are each agreeing to arbitration instead of the right to a trial before a judge or jury in a public court. In the absence of this Arbitration Agreement, You and churchHive might otherwise have had a right or opportunity to bring Disputes in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including class actions). You give up those rights. Other rights that You would have if You went to court, such as the right to appeal and certain types of discovery, may be more limited in arbitration. The right to appellate review of an arbitrator’s decision is much more limited than in court, and in general an arbitrator’s decision may not be appealed for errors of fact or law.
- Severability. If any clause within this Arbitration Agreement (other than the Class Action Waiver clause in Section 15(l), above) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Arbitration Agreement, and the remainder of this Arbitration Agreement will be given full force and effect. If the Class Action Waiver clause, Section 15(l), is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then this entire Arbitration Agreement will be unenforceable, and the Dispute will be decided by a court.
- Continuation. This Arbitration Agreement shall survive the termination of Your contract with churchHive and Your use of churchHive services.
16. General Provisions.
- Right to Seek Injunction.Violation of this Agreement may cause churchHive irreparable harm, and You therefore agree that churchHive will be entitled to seek extraordinary relief in court including, but not limited to, temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and permanent injunctions without the necessity of posting a bond or other security, in addition to and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that churchHive may have for a breach of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement, which You accept upon Your use of, or registration for, the Services, the Privacy Statement located on the Site, and any applicable payment, renewal, and additional Services terms, comprise the entire agreement between You and churchHive regarding the use of these Services, superseding any prior agreements between You and churchHive related to Your use of this Site or Services (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of this Agreement). The FAQs resource found on the Site is for informational purposes only and are not deemed to be part of this Agreement. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the Agreement will survive termination of Your registration to the Service. The failure of churchHive to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
17. Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice.
- If You believe that Your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on this Site, please notify churchHive at email@example.com, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”). For Your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, You must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that You claim is being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Site;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit churchHive to contact You, such as Your address, telephone number, and e-mail
- A statement that You have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that You are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
Designated Copyright Agent
This Agreement was last revised on January 16, 2017.
Copyright © 2017 churchHive, LLC. All Rights Reserved. churchHive, LEAD GENERATING SYSTEM, and several other marks, colors, and images are registered and common law trademarks (goods and/or services) of churchHive, LLC. Other trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.